Backend Group Lead
I am an experienced senior developer with great passion to writing software, focusing mainly on Java and backend systems.
- Follow Sigal
- Backend group
Senior Backend Developer @ SentinelOne
- I Developed in Python 3 and GoLang on both the customer’s systems, and the multi-tenant systems running in the regional cloud.
- I planned, designed and implemented a CDC system between customer systems and the regional cloud. The system is based on Postgres replication slots (WALs) and stores data into two Kafka clusters, one to serve the local customer needs (e.g. cache system) and the regional cloud for multi-tenant systems. A customer can send up to ~50K messages every 10 seconds via two Kafka systems to the regional cloud.
- I wrote 2 SDKs in GoLang: Kafka SDK for all multi-tenant Kafka usages, CDC data loader from Kafka to a set target with DSLs for the targets (currently only Postgres)
Senior Java Developer @ Forescout
Participating in the architecture, design and development the next generation of the ForeScout dashboards to analyze the monitored networks. Working with Java, Spring boot, Kafka and Kafka streams. Planning the architecture of the next generation of the data architecture for further features such as open search, tractability and HA.
Senior Java Developer @ Securithings
Developing a R/T IoT security risk analysis system, to monitor and investigate IoT devices connected to the customers network, e.g. security cameras, parking lot sensors, etc. Using:
*Storm topologies for R/T analysis
*NodeJs and Spring boot for web applications
*Python for offline utilities such as statistical analysis
*Redis For communication between different components
*MongoDb for the main data storage of customer events and analysis results
*MySQL for mainly configuration
*Azure IoT to manage connected devices
*Azure cloud as the cloud provider
The biggest challenges are performance for events analysis, for which we use cache, MongoDb shards and concurrency, while the code must remain extensible and pluggable as a Spring configuration to setup a Storm topology, and maintaining multi-tenancy.
Java Big Data @ ThetaRay
- As part of the ThetaRay backend team, I developed the next generation of the ThetaRay system, already in POC around the world, eventually becoming the technical leader of the backend team and the scrum master of one of the scrum teams in addition to being the security owner in the R&D.
- Developing with Java 8, Python, Spring boot, Spring 4, SpEL, Hibernate, Apache Camel, Postgres, Docker, NGINX and ActiveMQ.
- Designing the integration from the frontend, via the backend all the way to the data lake and the algorithms server, including asynchronous processes.
- Solving problems such as: Integrating the algorithms parameters into the UI, by building a framework with Jackson, SpEL and AngularJS (with the UI engineer) to allow the algorithms developers and technical writer to write a JSon file, which will render itself as a web form without requiring any work from the development team. Designing a framework to allow the users to automate their data flows in the ThetaRay system.
Big Data and Backend Expert @ Allot
Developing in Kotlin, NodeJs and Angular the management system for the Allot equipment to server requests from Web, Mobile application and equipment, including the next generation management system. Devops work with Terraform and Saltstack.